A gated Golf Course & Lake Community in the Penn Valley, Western Nevada County region featuring approximately residents, a championship golf course, boating, tennis, pool, parks and more nearby to two elementary/middle schools. This subdivision has 24-hour security, manned gates and hoa fees, pipe treated water, sewer and propane. Shopping medical and dining is right across from the main gate, numerous clubs and groups plus abundant wildlife. Nearby is Western Gateway park and Penn Valley Rodeo Grounds. It is an easy commute to Beal Air Force Base and a popular home site for Air Force families.
Lake Wildwood is a gated community in the scenic Sierra Nevada Foothills of Northern California. Nearly 3,000 private homes are located in a lush wooded setting on a large and beautiful lake. Amenities include:
- Private lake for boating, swimming, fishing, wakeboarding and water-skiing
- 18-hole golf course designed by William F. â€œBillyâ€ Bell
- Excellent restaurant and lounge with full-service bar
- 24-hour security staff
- Lighted tennis courts
- Pool with lap lane, snack bar and new locker rooms
- Clubhouse with meeting rooms, deck, banquet facilities and wireless Internet
- Parks with beaches, picnic areas and 2 pavilions
- Community Center featuring beautiful meeting rooms, kitchen and wireless Internet
- A wide variety of clubs and classes, including art, exercise, and adult education
- Live concerts and other events
- The bar has an inviting and warm atmosphere with a friendly fireplace to gather around. Lake Wildwood offers meeting rooms with complimentary Wi-Fi and decks where you can eat, drink or just enjoy the view. Lake Wildwood is a wonderful setting for important family or company events such as weddings and picnics. There are beautiful locations, both indoor and outdoor, for catered events.
Lake Wildwood Golf Course is one of Northern Californiaâ€™s finest golf facilities. It is the best value in Northern California, with Annual Fees for Members Unlimited Play at only $1020.00 per year. The course was voted “Best Golf Course in Nevada County” by readers of The Union.
Ideally located above the valley fog and below the Sierra snow in Californiaâ€™s â€œGold Country,â€ the par 72 championship course, originally designed in 1968 by William F. â€œBillyâ€ Bell, with its four tees boxes and yardage ranging from 6,518 to 5,024 yards, provides a round full of enjoyment for all skill levels.
Meandering through the oaks, pines and homes of Lake Wildwood, the 168-acre course imparts a feeling of openness and beauty and provides year round golf at the best value in the Sierra foothills. Lake Wildwoodâ€™s beautiful championship course with its abundance of flora, fauna and challenge brings one back again and again. The most common refrain after completing play is â€œI didnâ€™t want the round to end.â€ The course is available to homeowners and guests.
In addition to the course itself, the complex has an extensive practice facility and learning center staffed with a PGA and LPGA golf professionals. Not far from the 18th green is the 19th hole to accommodate settling of bets and quenching thirst.
Located within the gates of Lake Wildwood, a private 300-acre man-made lake is available to members and guests. Nestled within the lush Sierra foothill terrain and covered in oak and pine, Lake Wildwood sits at an elevation of 1,200 feet. Although fed by alpine streams, it is a comfortable and useable temperature throughout the summer season. Swim boat and enjoy an experience that is yours as a member of the Association.
Framed around the perimeter of the lake are five beautiful parks, each with its own beach, assuring ample lake access for the entire community.
Bring your picnic and come to just relax, or play the many sports offered including tennis, volleyball, bocce ball, baseball, and soccer.
Boating opportunities abound that include sailing, water skiing, wake boarding, pontoon boating, kayaking and fishing. Lake Wildwood is considered one of the best bass fishing lakes in California. A day on the water is always a great experience and is frequently capped off with a sunset or cocktail cruise. Launch from the marina, the boat storage area, or from one of the many private homes that surround the lake.
You will want to call Lake Wildwood home.
Lake Wildwood homes for sale start around $100,000 and go up from there. Lake Wildwood Real Estate opportunities are in abundance.